By Karen Morris
Our Turmeric Boosters are our best seller amongst our range of Smoothie Booster varieties. Turmeric is an incredible source of antioxidants and acts as an anti-inflammatory in the body. Including a powerful herb like Turmeric in a post workout shake with your Herbs Online Shop Amino Acid protein powder is a great way to assist the body in reducing inflammation caused through strenuous exercise. Combining Turmeric with our plant based amino acid powder gives the body a natural source of protein without chemicals while also providing the key nutrients the body needs to recover quickly. Today, I’d like to switch things up and show you an amazing recipe for a more “pre-workout” energy option, or a snack when you’re out on the go. Today I’d like to share this divine recipe for Turmeric Peanut Butter Cookies using our turmeric powder, it’s simple and easy to make, tastes delicious and is perfect for kids too.
- 55 g (¼ cup) vegan butter – softened
- 65 g (⅓ cup + 1 rounded Tbsp) light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 30 g (2 rounded Tbsp) caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 1 Tbsp dairy free milk
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs Online Shop Turmeric Powder
- 100 g (¾ cup + 1 Tbsp) plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 5 g (½ Tbsp) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 80 g (3 oz) dairy free dark chocolate chopped (or use chocolate chips, this is optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Place the vegan butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and caster sugar in a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until fluffy. Whisk in the vanilla bean paste and milk.
- Sift together the flour, turmeric, baking powder and cornflour and add to the bowl. Mix in until well combined then add the chocolate and stir through. The dough should be fairly stiff.
- Sort the dough into eight sections and roll each into a ball. Place them apart from each other on the baking tray and carefully flatten.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden, be careful not to overbake as they will firm up as they cool.
- Leave to cool, 10 minutes should be fine and then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
As always, we are here to help! If you would like to discuss how our herbal supplementation protocols can help you with your health and wellbeing journey, give us a call on 02 9555 5117 or book in your short or extended consultation.
If you’re not already, why not follow us on instagram @herbsonlineshop and Facebook: Herbs Online Shop. We look forward to connecting with you soon.