By Karen Morris
Did you know that around 1 in 5 people regularly have reflux or heartburn?
And if your symptoms are frequent or severe, this is known as Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD); frequent being: two or more times a week or having a severe or significant impact on your life.
Is your life being impacted too?
What is the cause?
When stomach acid leaks from the stomach and moves up the food pipe (oesophagus), Reflux occurs. Sometimes, you can feel the stomach acid coming up into your mouth, causing a sour, unpleasant taste. If you also feel a burning pain in your chest or discomfort after eating, this is called heartburn.
If left untreated, Reflux and Heartburn turn into GORD (Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease).
Many people suffer through it and buy over the counter medications from their pharmacy. But these medications don’t treat the underlying cause or help to heal the issue, they just mask it, so you keep taking more and more of it, without actually healing the root cause.
Here at Herbs Online Shop, we love treating you naturally.
And here are 5 of our best ways to do just that:
1. High-quality probiotics – Probiotics are beneficial bacteria typically used to improve digestive symptoms. The gastrointestinal tract is lined with bacteria that can plays a complementary role with indigestion. If it’s not working right, problematic bacteria can grow and wreak havoc on the digestive system. Using probiotics can help to stimulate the immune system and clear the problematic bacteria.
Probiotics can also be helpful for other ailments too, such as allergies, preventing respiratory infections, improving mental health and assisting with weight loss. We have a variety of high-quality probiotics that we can match with you in-store.
2. Digestive Enzymes – Digestive Enzymes are a way of supporting the digestion of food to reduce or eliminate digestive symptoms. Digestion starts in the mouth and finishes in the small intestine, where most nutrients are absorbed. Food that is not well digested can create or increase digestive tract symptoms. By using Digestive Enzymes, the process may be restored, and symptoms reduced.
3. Fibre – If you are not getting enough good quality fibre in your diet, you may get more than just constipation. Adding some Slippery Elm Powder to your protein smoothie or cereal in the morning may help keep your digestion tracts soothed by reducing inflammation and providing relief from gastrointestinal symptoms.
4. Peppermint – Peppermint Herbal Drops may be helpful with IBS, Flatulence, Bloating. It’s a natural remedy that also helps to soothe the GI tract and provide mild relief from symptoms such as flatulence, abdominal pain and distention. Our Peppermint Herbal Drops can be taken throughout the day, whenever you need to manage symptoms and they taste and smell delicious too.
5. Apple pectin powder – Apple pectin is extracted from apples, which is a rich source of fibre. Roughly 15–20% of the pulp of this fruit is made of pectin. Apple pectin is a prebiotic, that promotes gut health by feeding the beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract. What’s more, it may help inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria, such as Clostridium and Bacteroides, in the digestive tract.
Apple Pectin may help to promote gut health, relieve bloating, diarrhea and constipation, and improve acid reflux symptoms. It may also aid weight loss by helping you feel fuller for longer. We recommend adding it to your smoothies, yoghurts or cereals.
Indigestion is a common concern for many and can be hard to treat unless you address the underlying cause. Our natural remedies can help reduce or eliminate symptoms and have minimal side effects. It’s always a good idea to check in with our qualified team of Naturopaths and herbalists to discuss the root cause of your symptoms and find the best ways of treating you, individually.
We are here to treat you on your natural recovery journey and are keen to speak to you today, either online via our contact form https://www.herbsonlineshop.com/contact/ or call us on (02) 9555 5117 and let us treat you, naturally!