By Karen Morris
Ginger is full of many health benefits including decreasing pain and inflammation in the body, improving PMS symptoms in women, improving cognition and lowering blood sugar levels. The organic ginger powder from Herbs Online Shop is made from the ground dried roots of the plant with nothing added or taken away. Gingerol is the active component of root ginger, it is the gingerol that provides so many of the medicinal health properties we find in ginger. Throughout the dehydration process, levels of the compound shogaol are increased, it is shogaols that are believed to have many health benefits, especially those of memory and cognitive enhancing properties.
Let’s have a closer look at the benefits of organic ginger powder.
Ginger powder decreases pain and inflammation in the body by helping to reduce inflammation within the joints. Ginger has also been said to decrease pain associated with arthritic conditions. For athletes or anyone who simply loves to exercise, ginger has also been shown to significantly improve exercise-induced muscle pain.
Ginger also aids digestion due to compounds in the ginger which are known to stimulate bile and saliva production, and to increase mobility in the digestive tract. This makes it an ideal product to use for anyone seeking to improve their current digestion patterns. If you are suffering from gas, bloating or discomfort incorporating ginger can be very helpful. In addition to improving digestion, ginger also improves cognition due to it’s high level of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and has been shown to reduce age-related cognitive symptoms. Because of its influence on cognition, ginger can also enhance attention and cognitive processing.
Some other benefits of ginger include:
May lower Cholesterol:
• There are studies that have demonstrated significant reductions in LDL cholesterol and blood triglyceride levels associated with the consumption of ginger.
May lower blood sugar levels:
• Ginger has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetic individuals.
May help to prevent gastric ulcers:
• Ginger may inhibit the growth of H. pylori and can prevent the occurrence of stomach ulcers caused by NSAIDs.
• Ginger has been shown to be effective for relief and prevention of nausea and vomiting related to pregnancy, chemotherapy, and post-operative conditions.
• Ginger has antibacterial properties and can help decrease the influenza symptoms.
At Herbs Online Shop, our Ginger Powder is pure ginger and is designed to be taken 1g at a time, up to 4gs per day. You can also incorporate ginger into cooking or in smoothies or protein shakes. With Christmas coming up, it is also a fun idea to include some ginger in a gingerbread house or gingerbread cookies! If you would like to purchase some Pure Ginger Powder and experience the benefits for yourself, you can purchase direct from our website. We post straight to you!